Buzzed Bands Podcast, Ep. 2 w/ Cold Blood Club

Friday, March 31, 2006

Editors @ Webster Hall

Last night I went straight from work to the Beauty Bar to have some drinks with my peoples. Half of us were pre-gaming for the big Editors show down the street. Everyone was talking about this gig. I initially bought the tickets just to see what the fuss was all about. Then I ended up at the show at the Warsaw and I knew what the fuss was about.

I was pretty excited to see them play last night. This was their show - they weren't sharing the bill with stellastarr* tonight. I got there around 9:15 or so and headed straight for the bar - because I'm a drunk. Beer in hand I headed down to the floor and fought my way through the crowd for a decent spot up front.

Unfortunately, my beer ran dry and I had to go on a quick run. During my incredibly long wait for a beer - the bar was empty for the record. I think the bartenders there are mildly retarded. Anyway, I hear the band start playing and I still don't have my beer yet. Finally, I say a few motivating words to the girl and I got my drink. The good news was I had beer, the bad news was I missed the first song.

When I got back up front to my spot I started taking some pictures. Editors are so goddamn good, they give off a similar vibe to U2. I don't mean the pretentiousness or their sound - I mean their amazing stage presence. The crowd was going pretty wild, at least where I was. The floor was bouncing up and down like a trampoline.

I'm amazed at how tight their sound is. I might go as far as to call it flawless. The tone of the guitars are so crisp and clear. It sounds like they've been playing together for 10 years. I can't wait to hear this guys after they've actually played together for 10 years.

The singer - I think his name is Smith - is just fucking amazing. His voice is good but I'm talking more about his performance. He seems so into the music, he writhes around flaring his arms and hugging his face like a man possessed. He really is the life of the band, not to take anything away from the rest of the boys.

The show was killer and I expect really big things from this band. After the gig everyone went to Black & White for the after party. I didn't want to go so I headed to the L train to go home. Of course as I got there the last L train left and then the line shut down for the night (fucking L train). So I decided I might as well check out the party before I hopped in a cab and headed home.

I got to Black & White to see what was up. The place was totally fucking packed by the time I got there. There were a bunch of people trying to get in so I got as close as I could to see what the deal was. I didn't feel like waiting and sure as hell didn't feel like doing the whole name dropping song and dance so I just said fuck it and went home. I was told I missed one hell of a party, if you're looking to get a job in the "biz" then you missed a golden opportunity to network.

So here are the pictures - sorry about the halfass review of the night. I'm pretty beat right now.



Death from above


Obviously sitting on a toilet here





1 comment:

stephanie said...

so good. wait was ridiculous though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails